Tuesday, 28 January 2014

Geeks in waistcoats......

So we're trying to update the blog a lot more regularly (or should that be we are trying to endevour to update our blog on a more regular basis?), so a few times a week.  

So what have we been up to?

This weekend we both went to a friends wedding in Littlehampton.  Well, I went to 2 Weddings actually!  So I finished my real job and got dropped off, sat on the train to be told that it wasn't going anywhere due to a tree on the line so ran to get the Gatwick train and changed there.  Luckily I had a book with me so was happily entertained (more about that on Friday).

When I finally got to Goring-by-sea I was the only person getting off the train, so surprisingly there was no taxi.  So I started walking to the venue with my paper map (yes, Paper.  My phone is a brick and is barely in colour, on the plus side the battery does last about a week).  So my friends phoned me and told me I'd missed the turning, so I went back and up this dark secluded road and got to a big hotel.  

Unfortunately this was the Highdown Hotel, not the Highdown Vineyard so I went in to ask where I was supposed to be and basically crashed a Chav wedding.  I did get a beer and the number for a taxi.  The taxi was going to be 45 minutes so I started walking and found that if my friends hadn't of phoned me it was another 200m from when they called.  Bastards.

So I eventually go to the wedding and proceeded to drink a fair amount (none of my friends were really intrested in Tequila the losers) and just as it was starting to turn into a real party it was time to go.  We got back to the hotel and decided to go back to our friends room, have a few more drinks and order Domino's.  It was then we got a knock on the door telling us to "Shut the Fuck Up" basically from the receptionist.

Luckily I didn't have too bad of a hangover, and didn't end up being sick like the last wedding, which Nicky was appreciative of!  Unfortunately my friends are Bastards and went for breakfast without me so I was starving by the time I eventually got home!

What else have we been doing?  Not much!

No comments:

Post a Comment