This week I've made Double choc chip oatmeal cookies,
The ingredients you'll need for a single batch are below, I normally double up and make loads, as you can see in the picture above!
- 4oz Sugar,
- 4oz Marg / Butter
- Tablespoon Golden syrup,
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of Soda
- 4oz self raising flour
- 4oz oats
- 100g milk choc chips
- 100g white choc chips
The steps to make this are:
- Melt the marg or butter with the sugar and syrup over a low heat. And yes, stir it until its melted or it'll burn.
- Take it off the heat and mix in the flour, then the bicarb before mixing in the oats. Why the oats last? As they're a pain in the backside to mix, I've snapped one of my mum's wooden spoons doing it before (I blamed someone else of course)
- Leave for about 45 mins to cool. Why do you do this? So the choc chips don't melt, trust me, I've made this mistake.
- Once it's cool to the finger, mix in the choc chips.
- Heat the oven to gas mark 4, no idea what the temp is, 200C maybe? The tray I use has a silicon liner, why is this important? So they don't stick and are easy to get off. I've tried other things like baking paper but it's pretty crap.
- Roll small balls of dough about the size of a ping pong ball, bigger for bigger cookies, smaller for smaller ones, obviously.
- Cook for about 10 minutes. About? Yes, about, each oven is different, and after the oven's been doing a few batches they can be done a little less.
- Once done, leave the tray on the side for 5 minutes. If you don't leave them and try to take them off the tray straight away you'll fail as they'll still be too gooey.
- Once you've waited, move them onto a wire rack to cool.
- Repeat this until you've run out of dough.
- Eat them.
- Curse your weakness for failing your new years diet.
Next week I'll either cook Chocolate flapjack or fudge shortbread cookies, if you have any preference, let us know.